Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Potentially offensive rant

Okay so there's this stuff on TV right now and it's making me remember something. So I'm going to rant about it now.

Keep in mind this may be offensive. If you find my opinion offensive. Because this is my opinion. It's something that I need to rant about. So yeah. Read on if you want.

Ahem. This is important: I have nothing against Christians as a whole. They can believe what ever the hell they want. If they want to trust implicitly in a book written by humans who claimed to know what was going on up there, bully for them. It's not my business. It's not my problem. I. Do. Not. Give. A. Crap.

However. While they are welcome to believe whatever they want, so am I. It is my right to believe whatever the hell I want. If I want to believe in a magical flying spaghetti monster, that's my choice to make. They have no business telling me what to believe in.

(Note: this is directed at those Christians who are guilty of the belowmentioned acts.)
So don't tell me that I'm going to hell for this or that! Don't tell me that I have simply not been "enlightened", and that if I open my mind, God will show me the one true path to eternal life in heaven or some such crap. So don't preach at me. Don't talk down to me. Don't ever talk down to me. You are not better than me. You may believe that you are, but you're not. So don't talk down to me. I don't want to hear it.

Don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about. Don't fucking tell me that you know better, because you have learned the word of God. And don't, don't, DON'T ever, EVER judge me. Ever. You have no right to judge me.

I will believe whatever I want to believe. Deal with it.

That's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment