Monday, January 26, 2009

On Suicide.

Touchy subject for some, I know. But I've been meaning to do this for a while.

I could never commit suicide.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I'm not. I don't want to die, but I don't fear death.

The reason is that, even though I may feel worthless and disgusted with myself when I'm down, I know that people I love would be hurt if I were to off myself. And I don't mean to sound pretentious. I trust my friends and family, and they have told me that they would miss me numerous times. I'll take them at their word.

Knowing that, there is no way I could cause them pain like that, for my own sake. Because, really, suicide is selfish. (Not attacking anyone, this is just my opinion.) It's selfish, because it serves only your own wishes. You don't want to live anymore, so you kill yourself. But you leave behind people who are devastated and confused. You leave behind people who will miss you terribly. So in return for your escape (which doesn't do you any good at all in the long run anyway), you cause pain to those you love, and who love you. In a twisted way, you're only thinking of yourself.

Even if I felt completely hopeless, alone, and lost, I wouldn't. Because there are people who I love enough to die for. It's true. And if I love them enough to die for them, it kind of follows that I love them enough to live for them, doesn't it?

So yeah.

1 comment:

  1. Same here, I wouldn't kill myself. Although, I still do like the quote about if you die first ask if you can bring a friend. XP

    ReplyDelete